Dermaplaning is a medical grade exfoliation to eliminate dead skin cells and vellus hair from the surface of the skin (vellus hair grows back the same). It is an effective, safe, and painless procedure delivering instant glowing skin. This procedure removes 2-3 weeks’ worth of built up dead skin cells. For those with thicker skin, dermaplaning can be used with a light chemical peel. When a peel is added to the treatment it will reduce the effects of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, aging spots and clogged pores. At LPS, dermaplaning is used with a 10-gauge scalpel and at a 45-degree angle that is suitable for all skin types. It is recommended that clients receive a dermaplaning treatment every three-four weeks paired with chemical peels, Hydrafacial or other treatments that will deliver more dramatic results.
The technician will do a full consultation and examination to determine best protocol for your skin, you may feel warmth, scratching or tingling. Most clients are quite comfortable during treatments but tolerances vary. Communication with your technician is very important to ensure a safe treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 10 days before the treatment.
- Avoid botox/dermal fillers 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Discontinue usage tretinoin, retinol, retin-a, differin, tazorac, acage, EpiDuo, and ziana for a minimum of 3 days.
- Must not have been taking Accutane for 1 year.
- Avoid waxing/hair removal for 1 week prior to the treatment.
- The treatment area may appear to be pink, red, and tender afterward. This is a normal response and should disappear overnight.
- Apply hydrating products such as serums and moisturizers.
- Within the next 24 hours no sweating, hot tubs, hot showers, pools, fragrances or makeup.
- Wash the treated area gently with mild skin care and water using your fingertips.
- Cover the treated area with a sunscreen containing an SPF of 30 or higher daily and avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid irritants such as products containing glycolic acid or retin-A for 3 days.
- Avoid removing any scabs or peeling the skin off – allow for it to heal on its own
Pricing & Financing Options
At London Plastic Surgery, we appreciate your trust in our many years of experience and care. Payment for our procedures can be made through various payment methods. You can also choose financing, which is available through Credit Medical or Medicard. Financing makes cosmetic surgery procedures much more affordable. If you are interested in applying for financing, please contact Credit Medical or Medicard through their website to start your application.
Contact us to book your consultation today.